The family-owned and full-service transportation company rolls out expanded initiatives for interested drivers.
SOUTH FALLSBURG, N.Y. (July 26, 2018) – Rolling V Bus Corp., a Catskill Region-based school bus transportation company, recently launched an expanded recruitment effort for school bus drivers in preparation for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Since 2016, school bus operators nationwide have been experiencing a shortage of drivers, leading to decreased bus routes in a school district and increased frustrations among resident parents. Rolling V Bus Corporation has taken a proactive approach to meet the demand for drivers in Orange and Sullivan counties.
“In order to continue our commitment to the region and accommodate the company’s projected growth, we have introduced convenient training options and services for interested candidates,” said Rolling V President Phil Vallone. “Our programs help to not only provide assistance to our employees, but ensure the area’s students have a safe, dependable mode of transportation.”
In addition to providing fair pay, holiday pay, benefits and retirement programs, Rolling V recently expanded its employee initiatives to include:
- English language training program: A training program offered in conjunction with Sullivan County BOCES to assist people with understanding and communicating in English, with the goal of being employed by Rolling V.
- Entry-level job training: For those retired, looking for supplemental income or just new to the industry, Rolling V’s entry-level job training provides new employees with passenger interaction skills, occupational safety training and student management.
- CDL training program: Professional CDL training program assists new employees with obtaining a learner’s permit and preparing for the New York State road test, and ultimately acquiring a CDL license.
- Day care offering: In an effort to assist qualifying families, Rolling V has a working partnership with Best Friends in Monticello, N.Y.
- Employee shuttle service: A convenience service offering daily transportation for employees between Liberty, Monticello and South Fallsburg.
Those interested in learning more about current openings, or to discuss further details on any of the above programs, are encouraged to call 845-434-4102. More information can also be found at rollingv.com/recruitment.
About Rolling V Bus Corp.:
Rolling V Bus Corp. provides full service school bus, charter bus and car services throughout the Catskills and New York City. Rolling V is a proud member of the New York School Bus Contractors Association and the American School Bus Council. The company is family-owned and operated by the Vallone and DeSabato families. The Vallone Family has been in the passenger transportation business for more than 50 years.