Celebrate the 4th of July with family-friendly events in the Hudson Valley
ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (June 11, 2018) – After a long winter, summer is officially here in Orange County, N.Y. Families can enjoy their upcoming Independence Day weekend with a variety of patriotic activities in the Hudson Valley.
Food, fireworks and fun can be found throughout the region. Rest your head at one of the county’s select hotels or cozy inns after viewing an incredible fireworks display. The Orange County Tourism staff recommends visiting www.OrangeTourism.org for a full list of lodging, activities, and attractions.
Some Independence Day celebrations in Orange County, N.Y. include:
- Great American Weekend, Church Street Park, Goshen, Saturday, June 30, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, July 1, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Discover one of the traditions that makes Goshen a great American community. Offering fun for all ages, families can enjoy a full day of entertainment that includes more than 150 craft vendors, antiques exhibits, live entertainment, harness racing, contests, 5K and 10K races. goshennychamber.com
- Stars and Stripes Celebration, Fancher-Davidge Park, Middletown, Saturday, June 30, 2018, 4:00 – 9:30 p.m.: Bring the family out for a party in the park from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Live entertainment begins at 7:00 p.m. and the celebration will conclude with a fireworks display at 9:00 p.m. middletownbid.org
- Dinner Along the Delaware, Riverside Park, Port Jervis, Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: Enjoy tastings from local eateries, wineries and breweries in the tristate area. Witness an amazing fireworks show from Point Peter beginning at 9:15 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase at the City Clerk’s Office or at the Youth Center. Children under 4 are free. portjervisny.org
- Cornwall Independence Day Celebration, Town Hall, Cornwall, Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.: The day’s festivities begin with breakfast at Highland Engine Co. from 7:00 – 10:00 a.m. Celebration attendees can also enjoy a pet show, children’s activities, a lobster sale, a pie eating contest, vendors, live music, and more. There will be a parade at 5:00 p.m. and fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. cornwall-on-hudson.com
- Grand Celebration: A Family Fun Fourth, Washington’s Headquarters, Newburgh, Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Independence Day marks the day this historic site was opened to the public in 1850. To celebrate, guests can enjoy a special performance of Newburgh Enlarged City School District’s Drumline, outdoor activities, crafts, and more while taking in the views of the majestic Hudson River and breathtaking Hudson Highlands. Guided tours of the historic Headquarters and an exhibit featuring more than 1,300 historic objects are additional activities for festival attendees to explore. facebook.com/WashingtonsHeadquarters
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism’s Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It’s a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism’s innovative and user-friendly new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.