Orange County, NY gets creative with art found at farms, on the streets, and in the fields.
ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (July 6, 2016) – Orange County, NY has long been a source of inspiration for artists, and some of their best work will be on display for visitors at exhibits and festivals this summer.
“There’s a riot of color splashed across canvases all over the county this summer,” said Orange County Tourism Director Susan Hawvermale. “The Hudson Valley has been an artist’s mecca for centuries, and Orange County provides the perfect setting for both creating and appreciating art.”
Here’s a sampling of the summer art scene in Orange County, NY:
• Storm King Art Center, 1 Museum Road, New Windsor, NY: 500 acre world-renowned outdoor sculpture park and museum known for its harmonious, yet dramatic interaction between sculpture and the surrounding landscape. Guided tours daily at 2 PM, family programs, concerts, and hikes. Wed-Sun 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Extended Saturday hours Memorial Day to Labor Day. 845-534-3115, www.stormking.org
• Seligmann Center for the Arts, 23 White Oak Drive, Sugar Loaf, NY: Located on the estate of the famous surrealist painter and sculptor Kurt Seligmann. An intimate collection of modern sculptures set into the landscape. Call 845-469-9459 for hours, www.occitizensfoundation.org
• Crawford Gallery of Fine Art, 65 Main Street Pine Bush, NY: Changing exhibits throughout the year. Wednesday through Saturday, 1–5 p.m., 845-744-8645, www.crawfordgalleryoffineart.com
• The Farm/Art Trail is comprised of participating farm sites that each have been paired with an artist who has been painting there for the past year and is meant to encourage the public to travel from farm to farm. www.wallkillriverschool.com
• Summer Arts Walk & Summer Street Fair, Front Street, Port Jervis, NY, August 7, 2016. Free event open to the public offering a unique combination fine artists, crafters, musicians, dancers, and performers. The Upfront Exhibition Space (Art Gallery) will feature local art both on the day of the fair and beyond. www.portjervisny.org
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism’s Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It’s a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism’s new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.