MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. (Nov. 1, 2016) — Families interested in enrolling their children for the Mount Vernon School District’s Universal Pre-K Program still have time to register their children.
Children need to be 4-years-old by Dec. 1, 2016.
The following information is needed for program registration:
• Proof of birth
• Current immunization with a doctor’s stamp
• Result of lead testing with a doctor’s stamp
• Two proofs of district residency
• Photo identification of guardian
Registration is taking place at Rebecca Turner Elementary School from 8 a.m. to noon for morning and afternoon half-day slots at these schools:
• Columbus School: afternoon openings
• Graham School: morning and afternoon slots. Transportation is available at this site.
• Holmes School: morning and afternoon sessions
• Pennington School: afternoon openings
• Traphagen School: morning and afternoon openings
• Williams School: morning and afternoon openings
Morning sessions run from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and afternoon sessions run from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
To learn more about these sites, call Frances Tarrant at 914-665-5077.
Additionally, registration is taking place at Our Lady of Victory at 38 N. 5th Ave. for full day openings from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Morning openings are available from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Extended day slots are available for a nominal fee.
Registration is also taking place at Friendship for Tots at 261 E. Lincoln Ave. for full day openings from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with morning openings available from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Extended day slots are available for a nominal fee.
To learn more about these sites, call Maria Darosa at 914-667-4063.
About Mount Vernon City School District
With more than 8,000 students in 16 schools, the Mount Vernon City School District is committed to providing a quality education to its children as well as developing programs that meet the diverse academic and social needs of its students.