MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. (June 8, 2017) – The Mount Vernon City School District Board of Education will be conducting a mandatory re-registration of all students presently enrolled in the district.
This re-registration will take place at the Board of Education Building 165 N. Columbus Ave.
Students not registered over the summer will not be permitted to attend school in September until the re-registration is complete.
This re-registration process will provide parents and guardians with the opportunity to update all information for accuracy and ensure all children presently enrolled in the school district are legal residents of Mt. Vernon and entitled to a free public education.
Re-registration will take place for the following schools at these dates and times:
• Out of district and Mandela: June 26 and 28 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and June 27 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Mount Vernon High School: June 30, July 3 and 6 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and June 29 and July 5 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Thornton High School: July 11 and 13 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and July 10 and 12 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Lincoln and Pennington: July 18 and 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and July 17 and 19 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Benjamin Turner and A.B. Davis: July 26 and 27 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and July 24 and 25 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Graham, Holmes and Traphagen: July 31, Aug. 2 and 4 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Aug. 1 and 3 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Columbus, Grimes and Hamilton: Aug. 8 and 10 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Aug. 7 and 9 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Parker, Rebecca Turner and Williams: Aug. 15 and 17 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Aug. 14 and 16 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Residents must have the following proof of residency:
One of the following:
• Current mortgage statement
• Current property tax bill
• Current lease agreement
• Statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
Two of the following:
• Pay stub
• Income tax form(s)
• Utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, National Grid, etc.)
• Membership documents that are based upon residency (e.g., library cards)
• Voter registration document(s)
• State or other government issued identification
• Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
• Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
• Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
Questions concerning re-registration may be e-mailed to FGaon@mtvernoncsd.org, or call (914) 358-2380.
About Mount Vernon City School District
With more than 8,000 students in 16 schools, the Mount Vernon City School District is committed to providing a quality education to its children as well as developing programs that meet the diverse academic and social needs of its students.