Get a jump-start on your list with a stop at one of the Holiday Bazaars in Orange County, N.Y.
ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (November 1, 2016) – Holiday fairs are a great place to find unique gifts this holiday season, and often times they support a worthy cause. You can buy lunch, toys, jams and jellies, and traditional Christmas decorations. Santa Claus may even make an appearance.
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and our holiday fairs catch the spirit with sparkle,” said Orange County Tourism Director Susan Hawvermale. “It’s a Christmas-y experience for the whole family, a great way to start the season.”
Some Orange County holiday fairs include:
• St. James’ Christmas Fair, 1 St. James Place, Goshen, N.Y. November 19, 2016, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.: gifts, jewelry room, kids craft room, antiques, Cathedral shop, Christmas wreaths, personalized ornaments, photos with Santa, attic treasures, boutique, crafts by kids, baked goods and candy and so much more. Lunch available and homemade soups to go. www.facebook: St. James’ Christmas Fair
• Bells on Broadway Holiday Market and children’s festival, Lobby at the Ritz and the Historic Green Room, 107 Broadway, Newburgh, N.Y. November 19, 2016, 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.: features local artisans and vendors offering a selection of handmade jewelry, scarves, handbags, pottery, candles, soaps, gourmet food and more. Admission is free with a nominal charge for snacks and photos with Santa and Frosty. www.safe-harbors.org
• Christkindlmarkt German Christmas Market, Historic Front Street, Port Jervis, November 27, 2016, 10:00 a.m-6:00 p.m.: an enchanting family market in the tradition of markets held throughout Germany during the Christmas Season. You will find unique gifts and specialty handmade crafts, plus traditional food by local retailers and crafters. The arrival of the spectacular Santa Express will be the highlight. www.portjervisny.org
• Holiday Craft Boutique, D & H Canal Visitors Center, 58 Hoad Road, Cuddebackville, N.Y., November 27, 2016, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.: Handcrafted items by local Artisans! Home decor, primitive and folk art, handmade candles, soaps, jewelry, pet accessories, holiday ornaments and other unique items. Many items under $5. www.neversinkmuseum.org
• Holiday Craft Bazaar at the Green Onion Farmers Market, 8 Greycourt Avenue, Chester, N.Y. December 3, 2016, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.: Shop for items for your holiday gift giving at the craft bazaar at the market. All produce grown organically in the Chester Agricultural Center farms in the Black Dirt region. www.hudsonvalleygreenonion.com
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism’s Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It’s a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism’s innovative and user friendly new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.